2013/12/22

Fanfiction: Christmas Dance (3/3)

Here you go, a complete file will be released to the archive as well. Along with a couple of minor site updates, additions to the anime/manga lists etc.




Title: Christmas Dance (3/3)
Author: Matthias aka MysticMew (Solarsenshi@gmx.de)
Beta: None
Status: Alpha (Version 1.0)
Rating: PG-13 (to be safe)
Fandom: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon
Category: Romance (lighthearted fluff, be warned ^_^)
Pairings: Minako/Hotaru
Continuum/Spoilers: End of Manga, slight bits of anime. But really nothing dramatic.
Distribution: M&M DreamWorks Blog (http://mysticmew44.blogspot.de), M&M DreamWorks Archive (http://mysticmew.bplaced.net), Fanfiction.net (www.fanfiction.net), M&M DreamWorks archive and blog gets preference and the desired and best format, all versions will first go to the blog and archive.
Disclaimer: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon©Naoko Takeuchi, Kodansha, TV Tokyo
Story Disclaimer: Christmas Dance©2013 by Matthias aka MysticMew
Title: Christmas Dance (2/3)
Author: Matthias aka MysticMew (Solarsenshi .at. gmx . de)
Beta: None
Status: Alpha (Version 1.0)
Rating: PG-13 (to be safe)
Fandom: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon
Category: Romance (lighthearted fluff, be warned ^_^)
Pairings: Minako/Hotaru
Continuum/Spoilers: End of Manga, slight bits of anime. But really nothing dramatic.
Distribution: M&M DreamWorks Blog (http : // mysticmew44 . blogspot . de), M&M DreamWorks Archive (http : // mysticmew . bplaced . net), Fanfiction.net (www . fanfiction . net), M&M DreamWorks archive and blog gets preference and the desired and best format, all versions will first go to the blog and archive.
Disclaimer: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon©Naoko Takeuchi, Kodansha, TV Tokyo
Story Disclaimer: Christmas Dance©2013 by Matthias aka MysticMew

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

Pre-Note

And the last one. There is a small cameo in here, a bit of a tribute to a recently (and finally) watched show that I truly enjoyed. Can you guess?

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

Christmas Dance (Part 3)
A Minaru Christmas One-Shot
Presented by M&M DreamWorks

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****


Azabu Music Hall was a recently completed building that had only seen a few events but was definitely going to host bigger concerts and similar shows in the future. As I understood it they hoped to get more prestigious events into the area and hosting the dance was certainly one way to get the attention of the younger generation and their most potential crowd in the following years. The outside was a standard dome design that still fitted nicely into the area but the inside was what was truly impressive.

The location divided into several large halls. A much larger stage area for the main event but also three 'smaller' halls that could fit a good number of people. This was ideal for such a dance party since a variety of music could be played at the same time and the large number of students wouldn't automatically lead to overcrowding.

I took in all this on the side, my attention entirely on my date. Hotaru had become a little fidgety when we got to the entrance but shyly accepted my offered arm, trying her best to walk steadily as we entered the building. I found the reaction really cute and reassured her that she had nothing to worry about. "When they see you, all the guys that wanted to ask me out are going to die from jealousy." That comment seemed to get mixed reactions of pride and insecurity but got her to settle down again.

I really enjoyed this already. Hotaru made it easy to flirt and just act naturally while showing affection. Her revelation had somewhat surprised me. I did recall this happening but hadn't thought that I had made such an impression on the other girl. If I had just known before...

No, it was no good to dwell in the past. I had done that too often in my younger years, especially after my first awakening and that might have just been a big reason why I had to endure so many failures on the romantic front. Right now I was content to enjoy what the present offered me. And it had offered me quite a lovely possibility that I meant to explore to the fullest.

The main hall was already quite packed but with still enough room that one wouldn't feel uncomfortable. That was a good thing since our entrance wasn't quite as obvious in the crowd. Nonetheless I noted that we immediately drew some attention. Not all of it just from students of our school either. I hid a smile at that, feeling confirmed in my observation that Hotaru's appearance would definitely not go unnoticed next to mine. A lot of the looks were from guys from our school though, bored expression suddenly turning hopeful. That almost made me scowl but I was really in too good of a mood. Besides, I had experience how to handle this kind of attention.

Hotaru had apparently noticed herself and I admired the resolve I saw in her face, pushing back her insecurities. Despite that I was worried that some of the other students would try to ruin this experience given the chance. I did not plan on giving them one.

Looking at the dance floor, I saw that it was still only lightly filled as the band on stage was playing some upbeat, fluffy music that I dimly recognized from somewhere. It took me a moment to place the song but then grinned knowingly. Perfect. Just the right thing to ease the tension and make my intentions clear to any hopeful suitors and Hotaru as well.

Stepping away from her, I turned and offered my hand. "May I ask for the honor of a dance, milady?" Hotaru blushed, looked uncertain at the dance floor, then back at my hand, before obviously deciding on something as she rewarded me with a slight grin, before accepting my hand and allowed me to pull her to the dance floor just as the song was drawing to a close and a somewhat slower but still lighthearted rhythm started up. Not enough for a slow romantic dance but enough to allow me the pleasure of pulling the younger girl a little closer as we started to move along with the beat.

I marveled at how natural this felt. Despite never having entertained the thought of being with Hotaru like this before this Monday, I found myself adapting to her presence with ease that went far beyond any formal dance lessons or such. It was like our bodies were meant to fit together and I couldn't help but smile joyfully as I lost myself in the music and the presence of my beautiful date, for the moment forgetting about everything else around us.

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

Time wasn't something that mattered right now. In fact I wasn't even aware of how much had passed as we danced. The music wasn't awfully romantic yet, but that didn't matter either. Being so close to Minako-s... Minako was overwhelming, or it should have been. All I felt right now was the amazing ease with which we seemed to fit together. I had thought it would be awkward, I had been prepared to make a lot of effort. After all, it was her who had all the experience and I couldn't even be called a party person or someone with experience in events like this.

However, Minako was taking charge so naturally, it was both relieving and somewhat frustrating... only somewhat. I had wanted to impress her and do my best to not let this evening be our last one and had been convinced that this was how it was supposed to go. Minako made it feel so normal though, so wonderfully easy to be around that there was simply no need. All the time her attention was on me, keeping close distance without needing full contact and yet it felt to me like we were slow dancing to a romantic song. I couldn't even imagine how it could get better.

So, when we finally took a break and I had a chance to look at the time, I was amazed that we had spent almost half an hour straight on the dance floor. Flushed, I allowed Minako to lead me off to the edge of the room where tables and other sitting areas were arranged. In my excited state it took me a moment to recognize that the table we were heading to had a few familiar faces. As expected Usagi had brought Mamoru along and I suddenly recalled that Minako had told me about Ami and Makoto going together, much like us.

"Wow, you two really went all out right away!" we were greeted by Makoto, one arm lazily over Ami's shoulders and sending us a wolfish grin that made me blush, yet was quite glad to be around people that understood and I didn't have to hide from.

"You make quite a lovely couple," Usagi commented happily when Minako had went off to get us some drinks – something I really needed after all that exertion. It was a simple and honest statement, as expected from our princess. Her bubbly and carefree personality had mellowed out somewhat over the last two years and her royal heritage showed through in everyday life more often but other than that she had stayed true to herself.

"It isn't quite like that, " I mumbled, looking away. "I mean, sure, I hope... I mean..." Damn it, why was this so hard? There was no judgment here among them. I should be more comfortable. "I really would like it to be that way. Like all of you." I looked at the closeness of the other four. I hadn't even known Ami and Makoto were together but apparently it had been for awhile already considering how comfortable they were around each other.

Makoto laughed. "Well, we are not the only ones. Looks like there are a lot of us enjoying a more tender company," she pointed out amused, letting her gaze roam over the crowd. I did the same and was surprised to see quite a few girls dancing or sitting on the side quite close together. I hadn't even noticed that before and I could honestly say it made me feel a little more at ease.

Of course, that was when I automatically started to look for Minako and saw the one thing that immediately managed to crash my good mood. I recognized the guy that had approached Minako easily enough. Hideo was one of her most fanatic admirers and had not taken the news of our date rather well. I had been surprised he had not approached me before but that didn't really matter right now.

"..ru-chan... Hotaru-chan, you need to calm down," Ami's quiet but insistent voice brought me out of my intense focus and I realized that I had been tearing at the leather of the chair. The embarrassment didn't quite manage to overwrite my anger or the rising insecurity that I had thought to have combated by now.

"You have to trust in Mina-chan," Usagi added. "She is not going to abandon you." That wasn't even what I was worried about, not really. I was upset about him trying to ruin this so far wonderful evening. Hideo could be quite persistent and he had to know that this might be one of his last chances. I doubted he would give up just by being told no... "See, I knew that... Oh my..."

My focus snapped back to where I had last seen the two of them talk and my eyes widened when I saw a brunette girl now confronting Hideo who was squirming uncomfortably at whatever the girl was saying. But the relief about that was somewhat short-lived seeing as Minako was back on the dance floor, with another girl!

Gaping I could only stare at the short black-haired girl with twin ponytails dancing with my own date, a surge of intense jealousy threatening to consume my entire being. Jealousy and despair. Was that it after all? Had I been so wrong? To be so quickly discarded...

Thankfully my shock didn't last very long before someone suddenly blocked my view of the pair. Blinking I looked up at the same girl that had been talking to Hideo before. She smiled a little awkwardly, scratching her head. "Ano, Hotaru-chan, right? I am Hirasawa Yui. This might be a bit sudden but... Do you want to dance?"

What? Huh? I don't understand... Really I didn't. My head and heart were a maelstrom of shock and confusion right now. What did the strange girl want from me all of a sudden?

But Yui just grinned at my bewildered expression, adding with a wink: "I think your date and my girlfriend would enjoy the company." Blinking slowly, I glanced around her, seeing that Minako and the other girl were actually maintaining quite a healthy distance and it really looked more like something two friends out to have some fun would do. And with that everything suddenly became a lot clearer. I had no idea who these people really were but where before I had been one step shy of contemplating outright murder, I was now rather grateful for their apparent assistance.

Still somewhat dazed, I allowed the girl to pull me up, my earlier exhaustion for the moment forgotten. Briefly I looked around for Hideo but he was nowhere to be seen and when I focused back on the brunette she just smiled mysteriously without giving an explanation.

That was fine though. I could live with that as long as this magical night could continue.

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

"What exactly is she telling him?" I wondered as I saw the persistent Hideo getting more and more red-faced before finally slinking away in disappointment and actual resignation. I knew how hard that was to be once he got something in his head. The only reason he hadn't bothered Hotaru was because I intercepted him once and made it quite clear to him what I would think of such an action. Of course, that probably had just encouraged him, taking my attention as some kind of sign...

My current dance partner shrugged. "Yui's got a knack for dealing with obsessive fans. I have no idea how she does it honestly." I watched the brunette making her way over to our table, hoping that Hotaru wouldn't take this the wrong way. "Don't worry. Yui-senpai might be an airhead most of the time but she knows what she's doing when she puts her mind to it."

I had to agree from what little I knew of the college girl. The first time I had met her and the rest of her band mates was during a show hosted by my company. They had also been scouted to perform and we had actually run into each other quite a few times. That was why the music in the beginning had been so familiar. Apparently they were here partly on work but also with time to enjoy themselves in between. I was quite grateful for that since Yui's timely intervention had saved me from a lot of stress right then.

Seeing Hotaru relax and accept Yui's offer made me sigh in relief and I could at least spare some focus to what I was doing. This was merely a temporary ploy after all but I didn't want to be rude either. I had heard about but never met Azusa in person before, yet I could certainly see why Yui was so excited when she talked about her former kohai. The girl was definitely cute. Very much so that if we both weren't already otherwise committed, I might have tried to flirt with her.

There was one thing that I realized fairly quickly though. As attractive as the other girl was, I couldn't get into it at all, relying solely on my dancing and acting skills to keep up the appearance. That had nothing to do with the other girl personally. No, Azusa simply wasn't Hotaru. By the time Yui and Hotaru got close enough to perform a switch, I was glad to feel the easy, natural connection again that had been there from the beginning.

"Hey there, miss me?" I smiled at Hotaru, seeing clearly the relief and a similar comfortable ease returning to her features and movements. "Sorry about this, but I had to think quickly. And this seemed the best way to discourage more than just Hideo."

Hotaru merely shook her head, smiling shyly. I expected her to ask questions but either she already had done so with Yui or simply didn't care at the moment. The next action though took me completely by surprise, yet I couldn't help but notice the thrill of warmth and excitement spreading through me as Hotaru hugged me close, head on my shoulder. I enjoyed the closeness, not even caring what it might look like. The little incident just now had made me realize something quite important after all. Hotaru slowly pulled away, a little embarrassed and looked up at me. "Just don't scare me like that again. I thought..."

I shushed her with one finger to the lips. "There's no need to worry. I'm right there I want to be." The joy that lit up her face was reward enough and only further confirmation for my realization. So when the next song began, an undeniable slow song, I did not hesitate to slip my arms around and pulling her closer against my body. Hotaru flushed but didn't pull away or question, simply allowing herself to be pulled into the dance.

Once again I marveled at how right this felt. I had certainly not looked for this but somehow this charming, brave girl had wormed herself into my heart faster and more persistent than I thought possible. Something so special... For a long time I had been convinced it wasn't for me. Too many disappointments had made me somewhat bitter towards the subject. Yet from the moment Hotaru had walked so brazenly into my classroom and asked me out something had changed.

And now, being so close together, moving along to what was clearly a romantic, close couple song, I could admit that I was most definitely more than just curious or attracted. This felt right. There was no better way to describe the wonderful feeling enveloping me right now, not just our bodies fitting perfectly together, but so much more.

My eyes stayed on hers all the time, noting all the different emotions, the joy and excitement reflecting my own. When I had first heard her reasons, I had wondered how much of her feelings were a crush, a result of deprived attention and thus simple admiration, but all I could see in those amethyst orbs as well as in her aura was love.

No, I had not looked for it, but I might just have found my special person after all.

It made my heart beat faster, feeling suddenly like the young schoolgirl again, back before Artemis found me. Just living a normal life and crushing on older boys. Of course, this was far from an innocent crush. This was real and that made it all the more special, sending shivers down my spine along with an electric feeling when Hotaru put her head on my shoulders, our bodies now close enough that barely any air would fit in between.

I did not want to be anywhere else right then or ever again.

So caught up had I been in the fantasy-like moment that, when the song was coming to an end, I acted without thinking about it. Once again the action felt just right and so there was no second-guessing or thoughts of moving too fast and possible consequences. Even if I had been in a more rational state I would probably not have done anything different. The moment had just been too perfect.

As soon as the final beats of the song echoed through the large hall, I slid one hand into soft black hair, tilting Hotaru's head upwards, bending down before she could react...

The kiss was the last confirmation I needed. The moment my lips touched her own ones, I knew that I had found what I had been looking for. The how and why wasn't important. The elation in my heart as I touched those soft lips with mine in the barest flutter of a first, shy kiss was exquisite and left no room for question.

I had fallen in love.

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

I thought my heart would stop right there. Perhaps it actually had for a moment, I honestly couldn't tell right now. After the wonderful, dreamlike dance, I didn't think something could affect me more than the closeness to the girl I liked. I had been wrong once again. Somehow this night seemed to be only getting better and better, even when I didn't think it possible to top anymore.

Still in a trance, heart fluttering from the thrill of dancing so close together, like a real couple, enjoying the warmth and security of the older girl's arms around me, I had not been prepared for what came next. In fact I got barely a moment's warning before it happened. Not that I was complaining.

I had not dared to hope this could happen tonight outside of my most perfect fantasy. And even within the realms of my mind, it had always only happened towards the end or even just a goodbye peck. This... this was so much better. Oh, the touch was brief, alright. Yet it could have just as well been going on for minutes. My arms had gone around her neck and I held on for dear life, legs wobbly and unsure of whether or not I wouldn't collapse right then without the hold, a hold I never wanted to let go of anyway.

Eventually though, faster than I had hoped, yet longer than it actually was in reality, the touch ended and Minako pulled away, leaving me with the strong memory of those sweet lips brushing ever so gently over mine, conveying a soft-spoken message of affection that still rang in my heart and would surely linger there all night. Her radiant smile was contagious and I found myself replying in kind.

Neither of us said anything and it wasn't necessary. Minako's actions all night and now this, there were no words needed. The message was as clear as any words could have been and right now I was quite content with the unspoken promise and as the music flowed into the next slow song, I found myself responding on my own, keeping my arms lightly around Minako's neck, her own holding me close in return as we lost ourselves into the lull of music and the movement of our bodies and yes, our hearts moving together.

Time truly lost all meaning this time as we continued to dance. It was like some fairytale story, something I could have only fantasized about and somewhat cling to years ago when I had still been the sickly, lonely girl, all by myself in that room in the big mansion. If I had needed another reason to believe that this time was truly over, then tonight would be the decisive one. Chibiusa had pulled me out of my loneliness, Haruka and other two had given me a real family for the first time in years, but Minako... Minako had given me the greatest gift of all. Right then and there I felt as normal as any other girl out here tonight. Just a schoolgirl enjoying the most amazing, romantic time possible with her significant other. I could not possibly be any happier.

Nothing could faze me anymore, confident in my knowledge now that this night was already a far bigger success than I could have hoped. The rest of the time flew by with far more ease, interacting with the other Inners, even exchanging a few dances with them, the two other girls from before joining in as well occasionally. I never had enjoyed myself this much in my life before.

"You are radiant tonight," Minako commented as we came together for the final dance of the night, all the couples around us also taking the opportunity for one last conclusive moment together.

"It's all because of you," I replied, much more comfortable now to voice and reveal what I was feeling. There was nothing to fear, only acceptance and affection in return. No, not just affection. So much more.

Minako just smiled and pulled me closer again, the final dance definitely the most romantic, only meant for the real couples. Like us. The thought once more made me positively shiver in joy as I felt myself once more melt into those slender but secure arms, amazed at how well we fit together, how easily I could lose myself within her presence. As if I was being absorbed by a glorious sun, not getting burned, but becoming a part of her, never to be separated again.

In the end that made the realization that the night was ending along with the final dance actually harder. Secure now in my knowledge that my feelings were returned, it was this time my turn to boldly tug her head down and steal another kiss. This one with all the emotion I could master poured into it, never wanting to let go, at least not until I had transferred all of my love for this wonderful and true Goddess of Love to her, making sure it stayed there forever and ever.

And for a timeless moment, as the world fully faded away around us, I could feel our spirits touching in a way that pushed all the joy and happiness I felt right now to an euphoric height and knew nothing in the world could ever take this away again. The memory at the very least would stay forever and with some luck it would not just remain a memory. Without breaking the kiss, the words flowed into our minds, no straight into our hearts and I knew them to be true.

I love you.

*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****MINARU*****

Ending Note

Ah... *sniff* How sweet. ^_^

Done. Faster than I thought actually. This entire thing took me from Tuesday evening to Sunday morning/midday to compose. The initial and final scenes done pretty much in one sitting.

I don't have much to say really. I am amazed at how... well, at least decent this turned out considering we had pretty much no plan aside from the beginning as we went into this. Everything past the first part and Hotaru asking out Minako like this was done on the fly. For that, I suppose, I am fairly satisfied. Of course, I realize that aside from the time setting, it wasn't much of a Christmassy story. Oh well... All in the spirit of love or something like that. ;)

Cameo. Yes, those were Yui and Azusa from K-On!. Frankly I have no idea why I never got around to watching this before, aside from generally not liking Slice of Life too much. However K-On! is simply epic and anyone who has yet to watch it, take it from someone who normally doesn't watch the genre that you definitely should.

With that Christmas Dance is done. I'll release a worked-over full file to my archive within the next days, perhaps I'll even include a small extra, since I doubt I'll find much more mistakes on my own, having scanned over every part twice already before release. So if you are interested keep a watch on the M&M DreamWorks blog and archive site.

Merry Christmas to you all. Leave us some gifts (reviews) and other than that have nice holidays and a Happy New Year as well.

With love, yours

Matthias aka Mystic Mew and Maia, the muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment