2015/05/08

Anime Weekly Review: Spring 2015 (1.5-7.5.)

Nothing much to say. It was a solid week for the season... at least.



Not for me.. If at some point one of these might not be up in time (and I realize this is late but I simply forgot to wrap it up yesterday evening), then my PC really died on me.

Moving on... I don't really have anything to say. It's nice to have a selection of anime for once that have a consistent good level of quality. The only thing sadly falling out of that equation is probably Pleiades but even that I can still deal with.

Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: I agree this might have been a bit too packed with lots of different things but I didn't feel it was that bad. Then again, I don't have the LN experience to compare with. Bell is a bit of a dope, isn't he? Seriously anyone with some idea should probably know about... MP! ^_^ (and as all SO3 players know, depleting it could possibly kill you!)

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid: Well, just a bit of battle. I forgot there was the bath scene still in-between. Rio... is kinda awesome. We see more of that later on but let's not go too far ahead. Next time we'll definitely have the training battle.

Plastic Memories: And now we are getting really tragic. I am glad though that after the misstep of Episode 3, Plastic Memories is obviously willing to go where it has promised to go with its first episode. I wonder how they'll deal with the fallout of this?

Highschool DxD BorN: For the first time I think I actually cared about Akeno. It was an incredible cliché setup, really. But the emotional investment was just about right. Considering this is a harem show, Highschool DxD once again shows why it is so well-regarded since it can deliver it's other genre elements that are not related to ecchi fanservice surprisingly well.

Show by Rock!!: Oh god, I think I died from the overload of cuteness in the scene with Retoree and Cyan. ^_^ Of course that clearly makes the fallout harsher. Retoree thought she finally found a friend to open up to and now this... No good comes of lying in the end. Of course, it's not like she's the only one in the band having hidden her origin...

Sound Euphonium: More and more this is developing into the surprise/dark horse of the season. Considering it's from KyoAnime one shouldn't be surprised but it's still rare for Slice-of-Life to be done so well.

Kyoukai no Rinne: Tsubasa continues to surprise me here. He seems so typical stubborn like Ryoga but he's still capable of realizing a mistake he made when necessary. Sakura is still in mono-mood... Oh well, at least Rokudo got his scythe back to make him look at least somewhat professional.

Mikagura School Suite: A lot of this episode was wasted. While Eruna is still delightful in her annoyance (does that even make sense? ^_^), I feel all the senseless festival stuff really had no point. The last bit, however, might give the series a bit more direction since someone nasty enough has appeared in the club battles to make things interesting.

Hougako no Pleiades: I suppose it's picking up. Just like the last one, this character episode has also been done fairly well. Still... I expected a good deal more from Pleiades. I think at this point I am mostly just watching because you don't get that many decent magical girls series anymore. The whole plot and especially its presentation is still so very weird and fragmented, it continues to make very little sense to me.

And now for the actual continuing stuff/real episode comments.

Assassination Classroom: Definitely the first time in this show where waiting another week is hard. ANN's reviews pretty much already said everything I thought as well. We definitely have a more worthy rival for Class E here and I can't wait to see how it plays out. The struggles of Class E against the system of their school are an interesting part of their development and it seems now things are coming to a head.

Go Princess Precure: Is it sad or just a sign that I've watched too much anime (and Precure) that I totally saw where this episode was going right from the start? It wasn't bad, in fact the family reunion was rather sweet. I am still not liking how the focus and development is too much about Haruka though. I did like her actually being smart and just tossing the tiara/headdress her sister made to Aroma. About 95% of all magical girls in this scenario would probably not come up with this simple idea and needlessly get themselves beaten up trying to protect it. Next up... Oh the mascot get human forms again. It's been awhile since we last saw once that could transform (Glossam doesn't really count).

Fairy Tail: It's interesting to see how Grey is the only one that doesn't end up completely helpless as a child. I find Erza's almost naïve attempt to persuade Minerva into doing the right thing a rather weak element. It should have been apparent to almost everyone that Minerva only cares about her own goals. You are wasting your time here, Erza.

One Piece: Why exactly is the episode titled after Kanjuro? Sure, it's his first real appearance but he was in there for what five minutes at best? Well, I guess this way the title didn't reveal too much... Anyway, we have another weirdo with a great ability but rather poor "skill" to go along with it. On the front line they finally reached the third level only to find new creepy opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment