2015/05/03

Sailor Moon Crystal Spotlight: Act 21 Recap!

More of the same in Act 21 of Sailor Moon Crystal. I could just as well read the manga...


Seriously... I am this close to pulling something like Theron Martin did with Trinity Seven two seasons ago and I was fairly upset about that (although I had more of a problem with the professional image the move presented). I virtually have nothing to say anymore. But let's try... at least.


Technical Performance


Um... Well, one thing perhaps. The scene with the child and Diamond got rather toned down for the anime version. It's somewhat understandable but just as much leaves you wondering what the point is going practically panel to frame but shying away from the few harsh bits in there.

Nah, it's not even worth of complain. I'm just filling in blanks.

Characters and Practical Performance


Interestingly that scene has bothered me since my first view this Saturday. The first time I actually thought the random girl was Chibiusa which would have made no sense since it would contradict the later flashback as her being in two places at once. But they just looked rather similar in the darkened screen. Too bad, I would have had something to talk and bitch about... That I actually assumed Sailor Moon Crystal capable of such a logical mishap says a lot of my trust in this series.

Although I tend not to do this much let's talk a little about how the plot of this episode looks like. For the most part we've been continuing explanations which in this form tend to drag on in animated form more like in the manga. Compared to last time, the flashbacks helped freshen things up. Unfortunately nothing new has been added... not that we expected anything to happen.

This marks the first episode of this arc that does not entirely cover the corresponding manga chapter. Which was to be expected with its length.

Conclusion


Really, I could be reading the manga, let my imagination think up an animated version and probably have either a similar result or get more fun out of it. I should know as I did play around with plenty such ideas when I was still primarily writing Sailor Moon fanfiction years ago...

Only five more to go and I say it right now... I'll only finish this season out of a sense of dedication and attempted professionalism. I did over 20 of these already and won't stop until this arc over. After that... No, probably not. I'd rather see about picking up something else to write more exclusively about.

What I will be doing though is spare on the screencaps, for the moment at least. This is less though because I couldn't or wouldn't but... My PC is still having problems and honestly I feel it's on its last legs or something these days. I am in a bit of bad place money-wise though so it has to hold for a little longer. I am cutting back consequently on anything that is too strenuous, just to be sure.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment