2015/12/02

Anime Weekly Review: Fall 2015 (27.11.-5.12.)

Lots of stage setting this week.



First things first. New Precure announced. Half-expected that even if I honestly think they should stop and do something new but I've already said more than enough on that subject. Two things where I really wasn't sure whether to laugh at the ridiculousness or weep at just how bad the franchise has gotten. First, the title of the new series. Honestly... Magic User Precure................................................................... Honestly? Toei, really? For real?! If creativity had not hit rock bottom long before, it definitely has now. But hey, there will be a localized Precure... Out of all them based on Smile... Good thing, I'm living in Germany. I think I would PAY them NOT to do this. ^_^ All this will accomplish is further taint Precure's image in the west as it is clearly the worst example of the franchise's main strengths or better the best example of what it is not.

In contrast this week's episode of Princess actually showed the kind of maturity level that still keeps me watching even though the franchise is long past its expiration date for the most part. Testament had battles. A lot (ergo too many) of them and both FT and OP have been setting the stage for the final confrontations now.

Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst: Okay, that's about what I feared. After Mio defeated her opponent in pretty much one move, poor Maria drew the bad lot, Kurumi got suckered and Zest disqualified for saving her..... Yuki got pissed and ended in one move. All in one, freaking episode. Here I was hoping for some actual ACTION from the girls. Seriously, whenever I think Testament is actually somewhat worthwhile...

Fairy Tail: Grey has entered the fight. Stage is set for the showdown or so it would seem.

Asterisk Wars: Not a whole lot much shown in this episode but I guess decently enough. More setting the stage for what is to come.

Valkyrie Drive: Wooo, what's this? Are you seriously attempting a PLOT?! I guess I have seen anime like this done a whole lot worse. Looks like we finally get to see the last girl in the opening/ending next time.

One Piece: Finally this is over. I still think the whole Bellamy thing was stupid. Luffy was plenty pissed already. So... wait... Is Law REALLY dead?!

Go Princess Precure: This... was unexpectedly heavy. It's episodes like this that came up once in awhile that keep me watching the franchise. For a "kid's" show, the end result was incredible harsh. In fact, situations like this always come up and usually end in a smile and everything is alright. Not a bitter aftertaste like this. Didn't see it coming and as much as it hurts seeing Kirara faced with this, it brings a much needed dose of depth to one of the Mary Sues in this installment. For once, nicely done. Now let's see how next episode will probably utterly reverse this and make it all better... ^_^

Hidan no Aria AA: Geez, harsh, Aria. But I suppose Akari needed to face reality that they were just too different. Of course, now trouble seems to be waiting for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment